1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
5. 35% of ES&S is owned by Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, a long-time friend of the Bush family, was caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's vice-presidential candidates.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes
. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employs 5 convicted felons as developers
. These are the people who write the voting machine computer code.
13. Diebold's Senior Vice-President, Jeff Dean, was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree
14. Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was convicted of planting back doors in his software
and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls in Ohio.
19. All -- not some -- but all
the voting machine errors detected and reported went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates.
Finally, Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, a chimpanzee was able to do it!
(See the movie at http://blackboxvoting.org/baxter/baxterVPR.mov.
* * *
Напоследок загадка. Угадайте, какова национальность (этничность) двух братьев, которые заправляют "на техническом уровне" 80% американских выборов?